After Tons of Research and Reading Reviews, Would 700 Cc's Be Too Much for 5'6 115 Pound Woman? (photo)

Implant size

700 ml implants may give you a breast size you are happy with (although I think it is way too big for your frame). The problem is that even if you like the size, you will be at very high risk for stretch marks, changes in nipple and skin sensation, and premature sag. Please work with a board certified surgeon to determine which size will give you the fullness you desire while minimizing your risks. 

Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

When is big too big in breast augmentation surgery

This, unfortunately is a fully loaded question.  As plastic surgeons we can make the breasts as large as a patient desires but it may not look good or do well over time.  A 700 cc High Profile implant on your body will definitely be huge but this may be what you are looking for.  Please consider that these implants weigh just a few ounces less than 2 pounds each.  Time, weight and gravity are not kind to breasts.  Over time there is only one direction that a large implant will go, and that is down.  You may want to consider Vectra 3D imaging, this a fantastic way to see the implant on your body and frame and understand what the result prior to having the surgery.  

What size breast implants?

Dear Marine wife.  When trying to figure out what size you want to be, it's helpful to look at a photo of what you'd want to look like when it's all done.  Your surgeon can then guide you and make the determination of what implant style, base width, projection, volume, and shape will achieve your goal.  The tightness of your skin envelope will also limit how large you can be.  When considering size, remember there are added risks to very large implants including loss of nipple sensation, stretch marks, rippling, sagging, back pain, double-bubble deformities, etc.  Be sure to review all these with a plastic surgeon that specializes in breast implants.  Hope this helps.

700 cc breast implants

You have a nice looking starting point and good volume already.  A 700 cc implant for you would need to be at least a high profile or even an ultra high profile and will look huge and super fake.  Is that what you really want?

Would 700 Cc's Be Too Much

Thank you for your question and for the photos attached. This question can be best answered at a consultation. My feeling based only on the photos is yes, it would be too much. 

There are a number of criteria surgeons use to help choose a size. One is a guideline, that is not to use an implant that is wider than the breast. I don't know your breast width, but I would be surprised based upon height and weight that it is more than 12 cm or so. Even with the extra high profile implants, which are not particularly natural in appearance, that would "limit" you to 550 cc implants. 

Rather than guessing measurements over the internet, arrange a consultation.  RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Implant Selection Process

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

700 cc implants in one that weighs 115 pounds.

Would they be too big? Beauty is in the beholder. In my opinion breasts should be beautiful and not just big. They would be very large, and too large for your frame. Think of sand in a sock. The more sand, the more sag. Plus they are heavy. I have people who come in every day for reduction mammoplasties because of shoulder and neck pain who have huge breast. These large implants don't look like natural breast, but if that's what you want, then it is the right size. They will never be soft because they cannot move around in the pocket. More than likely they will look and feel like balls on your chest rather than soft breast.

My suggestion is to talk to a certified PS and try on sizers to determine what size would best fit your frame and make you happy.

700 cc implants in a small frame

YES, THIS IS TOO BIG.   A better way to get a good result is to measure the diameter of your breast and then choose and implant near that size.  700 cc's on your frame will look rediculous.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Too big

700 cc implant is huge and I think it would be too big for you.i always tell my patients at the end of the day I have to be able to close the incision.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

700 cc Implants Too Much for 5'6" 115 lbs

In general, a 700 cc implant will only fit the largest of chest walls.  Even with a higher profile implant, an implant that size will appear under the armpit or too far out to the side in most women.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA