My face shape does look asymmetrical, especially my lips. Will cheek implants help? (Photo)

Any suggestions what kind of procedures I need? I am thinking of getting a cheek implants and so is a chin implants, maybe a filler for an adjustable result.. Will that helps balance my facial features? I got braces a few years ago though and now, my teeth are perfectly straight. I am also considering a wisdom teeth extraction soon but will that also change my face shape??

Can Cheek Implants Make Face More Symmetrical?

The distortion done to your photo makes it very difficult to see any real asymmetry. Please bear in mind that no one's face or body is perfectly symmetrical. Implants could definitely change the shape and appearance of your face, but whether that will rectify the issue that you are concerned with is hard to say based on the photo. It could be that you could achieve the look you want by something as simple as an injectable filler around your lips. As far as having your wisdom teeth extracted, it is doubtful that will change the shape of your face enough for you to notice.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

My face shape does look asymmetrical, especially my lips. Will cheek implants help?

Hi, based upon the attached photo, the lips are pretty symmetric athough the upper could be slightly larger to achieve the ideal aesthetic lip proportion.  The chin is quite weak making the mid-face appear somewhat "top-heavy".  There is a slight excess of facial fat below the cheeks and towards the nasolabial folds with cheeks that are a bit flat anteriorly (in the front).  All of this results in more of an oval-shaped face instead of the ideal "heart-shape" face for a more feminine appearance.

Lip Augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane, Restylane Silk or Juvederm) can enhance the size and fullness of the upper lip.  Cheek Augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Perlane) or with cheek implants for a permenent enhancement combined with facial micro-liposuction would shape the cheeks and feminize the entire face.  Finally Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant can provide harmony and balance of the lower face.  Hope this helps.

Start with fillers

I would start with non-permanent fillers to enhance those areas to make sure you like it before you go with a more permanent implant.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Facial Shaping with Fillers versus Implants

I suggest a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist.  I think you should avoid implants and consider fillers or fat to give you the shape you are looking for.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Chin implant candidate

A full set of photographs are required of the face before making any determination about placement of  cheek or chin implants. Cheek implants are used when there is a flat cheek profile present to augment and add volume to the cheek area. When patient's have a weak chin profile, a chin implant can be inserted  to add projection to the chin. For many examples of both procedures, please see the link and video below

Asymmetric face?

It is difficult to tell what you need without better photographs done from different angles as described on my website. It appears you may be a candidate for a chin implant but I doubt that cheek implants will make things better.