I'm 52 130 pounds and 48 years young. breast implants on 10/31/16. Not happy with size - what can I do? (photos)

When i look straight down my boobs seem very small still.and makes me wanna cry..at my clinic.there were no inplants to try on.no phitos to look at.all that i was asked was how big do you want them.so i put both hands outward from breast to show what i wanted to see.he said i can do that.i was then asked again while being wheeled into the er...and i said as big as you can make them.not the size i desired.but still look good.i want to go another 200cc.

Breast Lift May be Beneficial with Revision

The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.

With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. 

Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct height may also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Upsizing

Dear Diana,

I'm sorry you feel you didn't get what you wanted. At this point in your recovery, your implants have not yet settled completely and it is too soon to revisit this area surgically. Your tissues must be allowed to heal before another surgery can be attempted. That being said, I do not recommend you undergo upsizing as larger implants can have the ability to make you appear matronly without a lift. Simply adding larger implants will not give you the projection or upper pole fullness most women seek. Just the opposite, larger implants will stretch your breasts even lower down your chest. 

I hope this helps, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Upsizing

Good morning,

Give it about 12 weeks to heal, and then if you aren't happy with the size go back to your doctor and discuss your concerns.

I'm 52 130 pounds and 48 years young. breast implants on 10/31/16. Not happy with size - what can I do?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. \

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play.  

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

In other words, it is much too early to tell.  My best advice: rest,  recover, and exercise patience.    In the long run, once patients have adjusted physically and psychologically to their new body image, the vast majority of patients are very pleased.

Nothing to do right now

wait 4-6 months until the dust settles, then consider having a revision and going with bigger implants. I would suggest you find a surgeons office you will actually spend some time with you discussing and understanding what size and style you are truly looking for, that way you don't feel this disappointment again.