Can SculpSure cause abdominal swelling?

Post SculpSure Treatment Side effect

Some patients may experience temporary redness, tenderness, swelling and tissue firmness on the areas that have been treated with SculpSure. It is not uncommon to  experience swelling/tenderness that may last up to two weeks. Patients are encouraged to gently massage the area twice a day for 5 to 10 minutes and are able to use a cold compress and/or acetaminophen to help relieve any discomfort. Many people resume normal daily activities including exercise immediately post treatment. Physical activity with proper hydration helps mobilize fat via lymphatic system which promotes the elimination process of the dead fat cells. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Prcoedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Thank you for your question. SculpSure may cause some soreness in your belly and flanks post-treatment. Any soreness or swelling you experience will subside shortly after the treatment. Keep in mind that the recovery horizon is 6-12 weeks with the patient being able to resume all of their normal activities after completion. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after SculpSure

There is some mild inflammation and therefore swelling after SculSure treatment. The area feels a bit sore similar to a good workout. I have not yet bruising but have read about it. Occasionally I have also seen a thin fibrous band which resolved with some massage and stretching.

Hooman Khorasani, MD

Some swelling can be normal

Hello, It's not uncommon to have some swelling after a SculpSure treatment, but not everybody will experience swelling.  Swelling can last for a few days or longer.  The swelling is caused by inflammation from the breakdown of the fat. The best thing you can do for the inflammation is to continue to massage the areas you had treated.  I hope you enjoyed your SculpSure treatment.  It's an exciting laser and we are seeing some very happy patients because of their results!

Quite Often

The majority of my patients do have some swelling for 2-3 days post treatment.  The lower abdomen seems to be the most prone to swelling.  The swelling is simply evidence that the treatment is working.
Dr. C

A small number of patients experience mild abdominal swelling and bruising, which typically subsides within a week. If you do consider taking anti-inflammatory medication, be sure to consult with your doctor as some medication may increase bruising. 

Jennifer Levine, MD

Hello - yes sculpsure can cause mild-moderate swelling which generally resolves within 2-3 days.  This seems to happen in only a small percentage of patients.  For most patients sculpsure does not cause significant or noticeable swelling.

Sculpsure and Swelling

Sculpsure can cause swelling as does Coolsculpting.  Both can cause swelling but should resolve fairly quickly.  Best, Dr. Green

​ SculpSure and minimal swelling

Thank you for your question. Some patients do experience minimal swelling after SculpSure but that will subside on its own. You will see results from the SculpSure between 6-12 weeks post treatment.

Bruce E. Katz, MD