Tummy tuck 12 days ago then sneezed felt popping?

12 days ago I had a tummy tuck. I'm happy with it but after sneezing last night and feeling them pop I'm a bit worried. Will I b ok and will I get my six pack eventually?

Internal Sutures/Sneezing

It is unlikely that you could pop a suture through sneezing alone. It would be a good idea to let your Plastic Surgeon know about your concern and keep an eye on the area for changes.

All the best

Feeling a pop

It is not uncommon to feel that type of sensation after a sneeze or cough right after surgery. I would recommend keeping a close eye on your abdomen. If you notice any more swelling that usual or swelling on one side only contact your surgeon immediately.  The chances that you popped a stitch are very unlikely, but keep an eye on things to be sure. Good luck with recovery.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon