Had Juvederm injections in my lips a week ago and have some concerns regarding with my post op. (Photo)

I have lumps inside my lips that look like fluid filled bubbles and have a bluish tint and slightly painful if pressure is put on then. is this normal? I never experienced this before when I had a juvederm injected 3 years ago. Should I see the dr that administered injections?

Yes

Yes, I would definitely advise you to call your surgeon to discuss. Your concerns could very well resolve themselves as your swelling subsides, but always best to err on the side of caution. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Lumps from Fillers in the lips

It appears that you may have some filler of sores from the injection. I would definitely advise you to return to your treating physician for examination.  Best, Dr. Green

Bluish tint bubbles

It is always good to follow up with your physician post injection.  Swelling can vary from 3 days to 2 weeks time frame.  There can be retention fluid or if filler is more superficial, there can be a blue Tyndall effect that can occur.  Usually this is discerned after the initial swelling has dissipated as most concerns are secondary to the transient swelling that can be seen post injection.

Raminder Saluja, MD
Huntersville Ophthalmologist

Filler

The best person to help you is your treating physician. I suggest you see them in person or see another board certified surgeon or physician in your area. An in-person evaluation is needed to adequately evaluate your situation and options.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Fluid filled areas of lip

It is a bit unusual to see fluid filled bubbles as you describe after lip filler placement. Best to check in with your injector. Good luck.

Blister after lip injection

Hello makeupbydrew,

it is not normal to develop any blistering after filler injection.  This may represent a viral infection or something else.  I would recommend you see your injector for an in person evaluation.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps after Juvederm

It looks like some of the product is too superficial; sometimes this happens if the product is placed there, or sometimes it can migrate there with normal lip movement.  This is easy to fix, and I think you should go to your physician  to have it treated.
Dr. Quenby Erickson

Having fluid filled bubbles in your lips after juvederm injection is not normal. Please go see your doctor, as long as that person is qualified. If you got this done on the cheap at a medical spa, consider seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.