Why is one of my eyes bigger then the other? Is this normal? (photos)

I seem to have one eye bigger then the other. I noticed it recently. Im not sure If I used to have it or if it is getting worse.

One Eye Bigger - Is This Normal?

I can see a very small difference in eye size.  In both photos, the left upper eyelid appears slightly droopy (ptotic) while the opposite eyelid is opened more widely (retracted).  A possible explanation is that the right upper eyelid is overcompensating for the opposite droopy eyelid (according to Hering's law). This small difference in lid position can make the right eye look larger and the left eye relatively smaller.

You may also have a very small difference in pupil size (anisocoria), which is a normal finding in approximately 20% of the population.  I would suggest that you consult an ophthalmologist or an oculoplastic surgeon if you are concerned. Best wishes.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question about eyelid surgery.

The asymmetry that you have appears to be very minor.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons, occuloplastic surgeons or facial ENT plastic surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Modest asymmetries of the eyelids are the rule not the exception.

Your eyes are symmetrical is anyone's. I really don't think you have anything to worry about and I certainly wouldn't suggest any surgical procedure.

Eye Size

If you are referring to your pupil size, this can come from a number of different neurological conditions.  It would be best to see a neurologist.  In terms of your eye size overall, its difficult to make a determination because your camera is so close to your face that there is a fisheye effect from the lens.  A better photo taken from a few feet away but zoomed in can result in less optical distortion.