Can I get permanent injections to make my nose bigger or is surgery the only option?

I have a very small nose with very little to no nose bridge. I heard about a non surgical nose job that can enhance the shape of your nose. If it is a good idea, I'd like to know the approximate price.

Options during nonsurgical rhinoplasty

While nonsurgical rhinoplasty can be safely perfomed with temporary fillers (I prefer Restylane and Voluma as they can be easily reversed if necessary) I would strongly advise against placing anything permanent filler in your nose.  The risk of complications and problems that may arise long-term make it simply not worth it.  

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty can be safely performed to enhance and make changes to the nasal dorsum ("bridge").  In my practice I suggest hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm.  Both products will provide temporary results, with the benefit of being easily removed if the desired effects are not achieved. I do not recommend the placement of permanent fillers anywhere in the face, specifically the nose.  These permanent fillers can lead to short and long term complications.  Also, they can complicate traditional rhinoplasty surgery if a more permanent surgical option is desired in the future.  I suggest you see a board certified surgeon specializing in rhinoplasty and non surgical rhinoplasty.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permanent injections to the nose?

There are no permanent injections to the nose, only temporary fillers. We do not recommend injections into the nose, since they're only temporary and have had complications. To build up the bridge of the nose requires patient's own cartilage or synthetic implant.

Well-performed non-surgical rhinoplasty treatments may be considered to elevate a low nasal bridge.

In our practice, non-surgical rhinoplasty treatments may work well for elevation of the nasal bridge. Feel free to re-ask your query with photos.

Wishing you well.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon