I was wondering if it's possible to do liposuction and have the fat transferred to my buttocks.

I have struggled to lose weight, and am not sure if a lap band is the best option for me, or just liposuction. I'm 5'7 weighing 204lbs. Naturally large breasts (since I was a teenager) but a significantly flatter behind (with big hips). Ideally looking to obtain the hourglass figure

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- Alternative is VANQISH, Sculpsure, Coolsculpting

I suggest a vaser hi def contouring
procedure.  This can give you an ultimate outcome. You can
use fat from the lipo to transfer to buttocks for an hourglass shape.
 Best, Dr. Emer.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest a vaser hi def contouring
 Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Brazillian with Hour Glass

The hour glass figure can be obtained with selected liposuction.  The fat removed can then be placed in the buttock area.  Here are some key points after the surgery.Post-Op Instructions

Have someone drive you home after surgery and help you at home for 1-2 days.  Get plenty of rest; follow balanced diet.

Decreased activity and pain medication may promote constipation, so you may want to add more fresh fruit to your diet, and be sure to increase fluid intake.

Take pain medication as prescribed. Do not take aspirin or any products containing aspirin unless approved.

Do not drink alcohol when taking pain medications.

If you are taking vitamins with iron, resume these as tolerated.

Do not smoke, as smoking delays healing and increases the risk of complications.

Activities

IMPORTANT:  YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE SIT ON YOUR BUTT

FOR THREE WEEKS AFTER SURGERY

Walk as soon as possible, this helps to reduce swelling and lowers the chance of blood clots.

You may shower 48 hours after surgery.

Do not drive until you are no longer taking narcotic pain medications.

You will likely be able to resume most social and employment activities in 2-3 weeks.

Do not sit directly on your butt for three weeks after surgery.

You may sleep on your stomach or sides.

Strenuous exercise and activities such as sports should be avoided for 4 weeks.

No hot tubs, pools, ocean or swimming for 4 weeks.
I hope these instructions help.
Dr. Dillon

Brazillian with Hour Glass

Activities

FOR THREE WEEKS AFTER SURGERY

You may shower 48 hours after surgery.

You may sleep on your stomach or sides.

I hope these instructions help.
Dr. Dillon

Liposuction versus lap band

Liposuction is strictly a contouring procedure. Liposuction and weight loss are two completely different considerations. You should talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon who can guide you regarding expectations.

Liposuction versus lap band

Liposuction

Liposuction is not a weight loss tool, but instead is a procedure to help sculpt and enhance the shape of the body.  The fat extracted during liposuction can be transferred to another area.  I encourage you to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine if you are a good candidate for surgery and to learn more about these procedures.

Liposuction

Weight-Loss vs. Liposuction

It is important to understand that liposuction (and fat grafting) have little/no impact on your weight.  They are powerful tools for improving your shape, and can be used even at your current weight to give you smaller hips and a fuller butt.  You should undertake liposuction once you have established a stable weight- if you are planning bariatric surgery, this should definitely be done before a liposuction procedure.

Weight-Loss vs. Liposuction

BBL

You would have to be seen in person. I think if you lose some weight that you could have a BBL.  Best of luck.

BBL

BBL

Hello and thank you for your question. In the right patient, liposuction with fat transfer to the buttock can have a nice result.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

BBL

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Liposuction or lap band?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction or lap band.
  • Although you are overweight, you may not be fat enough to qualify for a lap band.
  • Your BMI is 32.
  • Liposuction will not lead to weight loss but it can change proportions.
  • You can consider liposuction of the abdomen, back and core with the fat transferred to the buttocks.
  • Be sure your surgeon explains the pros/cons of fat transfers -
  • Liposuction results are fairly predictable but fat transfers are not.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction or lap band?

• Your BMI is 32.

BBL with Lipo

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, but better for stubborn fat that won't go away with diet and exercise. Liposuction creates contour and removes stubborn fat that can then be used to add volume and shape to the bum. You might be a candidate for a tummy tuck depending on the amount of loose skin and your abdominal muscles, but you will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

BBL with Lipo