Damage done to the nose after blowing it hard? 2 years post-op.

I am 2 years post rhino op. I had osteomomies and bump removal. I happend to blow my nose HARD and my nose started to hurt. Now my nose looks a bir swollen and I am worried that I have caused damage by aggressively blowing my nose. Can i damage my nose this way 2 years post op?

Blowing

It is unlikely you damaged your nose significantly from blowing hard.  All tissues are well healed by now and should not be that delicate. 

Nose blowing 2 years after surgery

At 2 years after surgery you will have healed all osteotomies and the lining of your nose should be intact. It would be unheard of for nose blowing to cause damage at this time.

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose issue

At two years out the pain you are experiencing is unlikely related to your rhinoplasty. Best to be evaluated in person.

Nose blowing post surgery

I would highly doubt that you would have caused any external damage to your post surgical nose by blowing your nose. I suspect that any swelling that you see will be short lived. Best of luck.

R. Graham Boyce, MD
Covington Facial Plastic Surgeon