Considering rhinoplasty. Aesthetically not pleased with the shape. (photos)

Slight bump on bridge I dislike, and I would like a rounder shaped tip with smaller nostrils. I also feel that the septum sticks down too far. What would need to be done to achieve a nose similar to the picture below and what price range?

Hello and thank you for the question.You're an ideal candidate for either an open or closed rhinoplasty to address the nasal bridge, tip and bony base. This procedure will create greater facial balance and augment the other beautiful features of your face. Warmest Regards,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty would be beneficial for you and you have well described the changes that need to be done. Expect to page between $6,000 and $8,000 for this type of rhinoplasty.

Here is my analysis

Analyse your face. You have a nose that overwhelms your facial dimensions. Your chin underwhelms your facial dimensions. Thus you need a balancing act. This will mean, a reduction of your nose to enhance its definition. You will also need a small chin implant.ThIs will give you your desired face as shown by you in the photo of your dream. It will be a journey that will take more than one year to complete. Are you ready?

Vasdev Rai, MD

Considering Rhinoplasty

Your goals are very realistic. Select a specialist who devotes most of their practice to this surgery; you need subtle changes that will give you a natural feminine result.

Yes we should be able to make your nose like close to that pic

Hello,judging from these pics you would be able to achiewve your goals. However, do your homework and choose a surgeon has has extensive experience in rhinoplasty procedures. This is not an easy operation and not many surgeon achieve good and predictable results. Check out before and after examples of their work. There should be a lot of them and you should like all or most of them. Also get a consultation that involves a 3D simulation  - this is the best way to communicate with your surgeon. Good luck!

Rhinoplasty candidate

A  rhinoplasty procedure  can accomplish narrowing wide nostrils, shaving down the dorsal hump, and narrowing the bridge line.  Digital computer imaging at the time of the consultation would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features.  Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, so shop quality, not price.    For more information and many before and after  examples including our current price list, please see the link and the video below 

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty goals

The changes you want in your nasal appearance are pretty easy to achieve with a standard rhinoplasty procedure.  I think setting back your nasal tip will make the nostrils appear smaller - will change their shape from narrow and elongated to shorter and a little wider.  If too wide, they can be made smaller as well.  The hump removal is certainly possible.  Try to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery.  Best of luck.

George H. Pope, MD