Lump on lip from Juvederm. Any suggestions?

I had juvederm put in a month ago, I went a few weeks after to get a touch up and showed my doctor a little lump. He injected more juvederm and said to wait a couple more weeks. Is he lying to me what is going on! There's a solid white-ish hard lump

Lumps After Fillers -- Not Normal, There are options!

I suggest reversing the fillers if there is a lump or injecting steroids to calmn it down.  He is right though, sometimes it will resolve after a few weeks.  If you trust your physician, have patience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lump from Juvederm

It is possible that the lump will go away on its own but if it doesn't you may need Vitrase to dissolve the product.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Solid Lump After Juvederm

Hi Jessica.  It's difficult to say without a photo, but usually issues like this can be resolved with Hyaluronidase, which reverses the effects of the Juvederm.  If the lump is still there, either follow up with your injector or get a second opinion about what to do next.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Lump on Lip after Juvederm

Dear Jessica1014, On occasions Juvederm to the lips can cause a small bump and this is either fixed with hyaluronidase injection to dissolve the filler or filler around the area to correct the appearance. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Lumps after filler

It is not uncommon to develop "lumps" after filler, especially in the lips.  Sometimes this requires additional filler to improve the result and sometimes this requires hyaluronidase to reduce the lump.  See how you do after 1-2 weeks.  photos often help with the assessment

John B. Lazor, MD, MBA, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on Lips

Sometimes filler can become more superficial than aesthetically desired.  If this is the case, your provider can typically express some of the excess product easily in the office.  I do not recommend you trying this at home but do encourage you to follow up with your provider to see if this is the case since it has been so long.  This may just be a simple fix. 

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD