Do I have any conditions that would fall under medical insurance for nose/sinus area? (Photos)

am I a candidate for nose surgery ? Do I have a deviated septum? (pics are from a ct scan)

Do I have any conditions that would fall under medical insurance for nose/sinus area?

Dear TaylorYou appear to have a deviated septum and some maxillary sinus disease. If symptomatic, both can be treated medically and are usually covered services under majority of  insurance plans.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty Questions

Dear Taylor73, Functional surgery can be billed to the patients insurance. If you have a deviated septum and are symptomatic which means that you have had problems with breathing issues then these can be addressed with septoplasty surgery. After a history is taken and intra-nasal examination is performed at the time of consultation and a diagnosis is made a pre-authorization can be sent to your insurance company to determine what benefits you may have. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Functional septoplasty, functional endoscopic sinus surgery, and cosmetic rhinoplasty

A septoplasty is performed when there is blockage of airflow through the nose and patients have  failed medical management.  Endoscopic sinus surgery is performed  when there are polyps located inside the  sinus cavities.  A cosmetic rhinoplasty is performed to change the shape of the nose.  Functional surgery can be billed to the patient's medical insurance once medical necessity has been documented.  Cosmetic rhinoplasty must be paid for by the patient.  A thorough internal and external  examination of the nose along with reviewing all of the slices of the CAT scan  Images are required to make a final determination about what may or may not be required. For more information about the different types of nasal surgery, please see the video and the link below