Revision at 19 weeks PO. (photos)

I had lipo on my flanks, upper/lower abdomen and mons on June 29th(AWAKE and inoffice). I had my post op yesterday and he said I definitely need a revision (of all areas) and he needed to be more aggressive. I felt I had instant results but now at 3.5 months, look worse than I did at my initial procedure. I'm scheduled back Nov 9th (additional $1200) My question is, could this just be swelling due to not having proper aftercare compression or are these indeed fat pockets needing a revision?

Revision at 19 Weeks?

At 3.5 mos you should be getting close to your final result. It is reasonable to wait until 6 mos post-op before doing a revision. The problem with AWAKE in office liposuction is that patients cannot be made comfortable enough for the surgeon to do a thorough job and the results are compromised. Often these procedures are performed by physicians who are not certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who have not invested in,or are not qualified to work in a fully certified outpatient surgical facility. The concept sounds appealing, and it is sold as being less  expensive, but you end up getting what you paid for. Except now you have to go back for a revision at additional cost. Better to have it done right the first time.

Still Could Be Swelling

It can take 3-6 months for all swelling to resolve, so these might not be your final results. In addition to compression, I always recommend RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish) along with shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave with hyperbaric oxygen in order to decrease swelling and improve results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Tissue tightening after liposuction in Los Angeles

There is definitely some swelling. I would consider our Hidef Liposuction Revision protocol which can further improve results. Since you just had surgery, I would focus on non surgical options such as multiplane tissue tightening, Yag laser, Exilis RF, lipocavitation, and Ultherapy to enhance results. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS