Tummy Tuck and Lipo - 7- months post-op.

is it normal to experience pain after 7-mths post-op. If so, what's the possible cause. The pain is located on the right side of my belly button, always in the same area and mostly caused by movement. I've only started experiencing this within the last 3 wks. When I questioned the nurse at my surgeons office, she said that this is normal and due to the feelings coming back in my tummy. Although her answer sounds logical, I just want to make sure there is not a reason for further concern.

Post-op pain

Without conducting an in-person examination, it is difficult to guarantee a reliable evaluation of your situation. It is not uncommon that post-op nerve regeneration may be accompanied by occasional sharp pains; however, you should alert your surgeon to your concerns. An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to fully assess your needs and obtain an individualized medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Pain 7 months after surgery

Nerve regeneration can be one cause of discomfort and pain following a tummy tuck, but it generally comes on gradually and is more of a tingling or “zinging” sensation. I think you should consider seeing your surgeon for an exam to make sure it’s not a complication. 

Pain after TT

I would similarly reassure you that the pain is not likely signaling a problem. There may be internal sutures that are catching a nerve or your nerves can simply be recovering. Monitor the frequency and anything that makes the pain worse and meet with your surgeon for additional guidance. Best wishes.

Dr derby

thank you for your question. It is recommendable to add a few photos to your questions so that we can evaluate the situation better and give you a better recommendation. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately without an in-person examination or full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice but it is possible that regaining nerve sensation may provide some discomfort but as this started abruptly 3 weeks ago I would ask to be seen by your doctor to ensure other issues are not taking place such as development of a fluid collection as new onset pain or discomfort at 7 months is not common.