I had my inner thighs with Coolsculpting. Still frozen, just looked more like skin. Any advice?

Hello, I've just completed my second inner thigh session and this time when the applicator was removed the fat wasn't in the block format. Still frozen, just looked more like skin. Any advice?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Give it time to regain heat and begin to work

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and Thighs - Cool Fit and Cool Smooth

Coolsculpting and the thighs is simple and easy.  The results should not look like a block of ice, like the other areas which utilize a different applicator.  There is no vacuum in the applicator used for the inner or outer thighs but this does not affect the results of the procedure.

Second treatment with CoolSculpting

Hello 'blue devil:'

Is it possible that the #CoolSmooth applicator was used for the second treatment? This applicator is often used for inner thighs (as well as outer thighs and other areas) and has a curved plate that does not require vacuum to be effective. With the use of this applicator, there would be no 'block' of tissue afterward.

By the way, the tissue is not actually frozen during CoolSculpting. The tissue is brought close to but above the temperature at which fat would freeze. The fat solidifies, much like a stick of bitter that is soft at room temperature but hard in the refrigerator at temperatures above freezing. At this temperature, the adipocytes (fat cells) are injured just enough that they enter apoptosis (a programmed process wherein the cells shut down their functions and eventually die).

You can always ask your dermatologist, who should be happy to explain why the skin looked different the second time.

All the best!

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

CoolSculpting Inner Thigh - Applicator choice matters

There has to be enough fat that the applicator can grab. It could be your first session removed fat to the degree there was little left - or the applicator may chosen was a little large for the area.

Take into consideration that there are currently 5 different applicator heads used with CoolSculpting. We find that the difference in the applicators makes a big difference in the outcome. There is the CoolCore, CoolMax, CoolFit, CoolCurve and the CoolSmooth Pro.  Often we'll have patients who need several different sizes to optimally treat all the areas they wish.

Body size, fat location and distribution and fat amounts will determine the choice of the applicators and the number of treatments - if they need to be "stacked" via multiple sessions or overlapped to give a smooth contour plane. There really is no "one size fits all", so the different options are important for the best results.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD

Inner thighs with CoolSculpting...

Thank you for your question. Not to worry, it is acceptable to have varying reactions from the body with each CoolSculpting treatment. 

Sincerely Yours, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Frozen after Coolsculpting

As long as the area appeared frozen, and you were a good candidate to start (with pinchable, fluffy fat), then I think you're OK.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD