My left side is swollen and bronzed while my right side looks almost normal after my Halo treatment. Is that typical?

Asymmetric Swelling After Laseer

Thanks so much for your question! It's a little hard to answer with certainty without seeing pictures, but the most common reason I see patients with more swelling on one side the day after the treatment is if they tend to sleep more. Gravity happens! If you sleep sitting up tonight, that may be all it takes for things to even out.

Dr. Sieber also makes some great points on how treatment can be variable, but the lovely thing about the Halo laser is it is set up to create consistent and symmetric results. 

Either way, be sure to reach out to your doctor's office so that they can see what is going on and follow your healing out to a wonderful final result.

Incline Village Physician

Sides may vary

Thanks for the great question. Sometimes there can be variation from side to side depending on a lot of factors such such as how well the numbing cream was removed, the pressure used during treatment (standing next to you vs reaching across). Also, during the treatment skin cells start to accumulate on the laser head so the skin response to the treatment is blunted a little bit. This doesn't mean that nothing happened to the normal appearing side of your face, it just might not be as inflamed as the other side. I hope this helps!

~Dr. Sieber