Can you advise me on how to select the right PS to perform my mommy makeover?

I found a few docs that do MM. I am wondering which part of the MM -the TT or BA - has the most complications. I feel like I find surgeons who have 'great' before and after of either BA or TT and then 'good' pics or not as many pics of the other. So it is hard to judge. What is your advice on selecting someone based on that. If one is good in one area and great in another, which is more important? Seems like I'm leaning toward the person who had great BA and good TT rather than the reverse.

Mommy make-over - how to find my surgeon?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Excellent question - the tummy tuck is the riskier and more challenging surgery.
  • The focus should be on your safety and what needs to be done for your best result
  • And a discussion of your options.
  • I think your best guide is to rely on a surgeon who has time to discuss your surgery and by whom you feel respected.
  • There arey many good plastic surgeons in Atlanta - but if you are finding it hard to find the right one for you, I would be happy to see you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Honestly, these two surgeries should be able to both be expertly performed by the p.s. you choose. These procedures are common enough and generally straightforward enough that there should be numerous p.s. in most areas of the country that will provide you with great results.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Selecting a surgeon

You should feel confident that the surgeon you select will excel at performing both procedures.  Search for board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can review photos of previous patients as well as the surgeon's credentials, and sometimes honors.  I encourage you to go for a consultation to learn more about the procedures and to get a sense if you and that particular surgeon seem to be "on the same page".

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy makeover with breast augmentation and tummy tuck

You should find a plastic surgeon that does great breast augmentations and tummy tucks. Look for more before and after photos specifically for mommy makeover procedures and take your time. There are many good surgeons in Atlanta for you to choose from.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Finding the right Plastic Surgeon

I recommend finding a plastic surgeon who specializes in both breast augmentation and tummy tuck.  It is best to meet with a few plastic surgeons to determine with whom you feel most comfortable. Photos are not a bad place to start, but also ask around town to see who has a good reputation.  On the American Society of Plastic Surgery website  you can find board certified plastic surgeons in your area by entering your zip code.

Audrey Klenke, MD
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck vs Breast Surgery Experts

Thanks for your question.  I would keep looking for a board certified plastic surgeon with whom you feel comfortable and whose expertise you trust.  The Tummy Tuck procedure is the more complicated of the two.  Also note that pictures don't tell the entire story.  You may want to ask for some mommy makeover patients of your surgeon to call you and you can ask about their experience and surgical results.  This often helps patients to feel more comfortable with their surgeon.  Good luck.

Plastic surgeon for mommy makeover

Finding the right plastic surgeon for your procedure is a very important endeavor.  Most Mommy Makeovers involve abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and some type of breast surgery (usually breast augmentation with a lift in my practice, but sometimes breast reduction or breast augmentation alone).  These are core procedures within plastic surgery. The reality about photographs we make available to prospective patients is that our prior patients must give their permission for us to use them.  The photographs you are able to see are likely representative of the body of work from that plastic surgeon, but inevitably there are patients/photos you are not seeing.  If you have been able to narrow your choices to a few board-certified plastic surgeons (making sure they are board-certified is a must), sit down with the stand-outs and share your concerns and discuss your thoughts on the photographs.  You may find that there are other photos in the office that you are able to see, or that some of the photos you have seen need to be interpreted in the context of that particular patient's circumstances/limitations/desires.  Best wishes for finding a great surgeon and having a beautiful result!

Thank you for sharing your question.  There are many considerations that must be evaluated when selecting a plastic surgeon.  I have attached a link below that should offer you useful information in your search for the best one for you.  Hope this helps.

Seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  Often, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.   Most importantly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision and decreases your chances of requiring any revision surgeries.

Thank you for the important question; after all, most important decision you make when it comes to achieving a desired outcome will be careful selection of plastic surgeon.  Generally, I suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.  ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  You should be able to find a board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate beautiful outcomes with BOTH the breast and tummy tuck operations. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   Best wishes.