Am I a good candidate for breast reduction? (Photo)

I am 25, no kids. 5'6. 215pds..... I am currently In a 38F which is too small.. I have the back shoulder and neck pains as well As grooves... I have had large breasts since elementary school C cup in the fourth grade but it is now overwhelming. Am I a good candidate

Am I a good candidate for breast reduction?

From your pictures, it is my opinion that you would be a good candidate for a breast reduction.  However, a decision to have elective surgery should only be made after a thorough discussion with a qualified plastic surgeon so that all the risks and benefits can be reviewed.  Best wishes!

Yes you are a good candidate for a reduction.  Insurance should cover this surgery since you would likely have at least 1500 gm removed on each side.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Breast reduction

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. It is very common for women with large heavy breasts to complain about back neck and shoulder pain.

Many women will often resort to using multiple bras,  Motrin,  pain medication and attempts at chiropractor or physical therapy. To date there is no medical or scientific study proving that non-surgical options are of any value in treating this. 

The only treatment that is successful is surgery. Your photos show you would be a very good candidate for a breast reduction. 

You should seek several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any decisions.

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

From the symptoms that you describe and your photos it appears he would be an ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery. I would urge you to seek consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area. Good luck. 

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Yes, you look like a good candidate for a breast reduction. Best to go in for consultation with a plastic surgeon. 

If you are in good health, you are a perfect candidate for breast reduction to improve function, reduce pain, and enjoy the freedom you have not had with daily activity and clothing. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon, and you might start with those in you current health plan.

Breast reduction

You will experience almost immediate relief of your symptoms with a breast reduction.  It is typically a procedure with the highest levels of patient satisfaction.  Good luck, Jane

Based on the picture you submitted you are an excellent candidate for a breast reduction as long as your health is good. you will find that you will be much more comfortable after having the surgery and that clothe s will be easier to match.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery at some point.  

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. When a breast reduction is performed, a breast “lift” occurs as part of the procedure. Patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise. 

When the time is right,  seek consultation with well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.  I suggest that you do not communicate your goals in terms of achieving a specific cup size. For example, a “C cup” may mean different things to different people and therefore may be a source of miscommunication. In my practice, I ask patients to communicate their goals with the help of goal photographs. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Best wishes as you work towards your goals.