What are less evasive but effective ways to get rid of fat and sculpt the body? (Photos)

After weight gain and loss 2arm lifts 3breast augment and tummy tuck thigh lift, all redone to improve the first botched surgery. I'm not sure if it's possible to get the shape I see I could have. My breast where placed low so I go from 34DD at 4'11" to my waist the my hips with no transitioning...does that make any sense. I just need some honest guidance.

About the Mommy Makeover Procedure

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others. The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.  

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Trying to get best shape after weight loss

Thank you for asking about your body contouring after major weight loss.

• You look very good but seem to have two issues.
  • The breasts - with large implants on a small frame, there will not be much transition between chest and stomach.
  • You can consider smaller implants to a full normal look ("C") but if large is important, then the lack of transition is the trade-off.
  • I see no need for liposuction but you appear to have loose skin at the sides and back and might consider a lower back lift.
  • I suggest you see a qualified plastic surgeon to see if living with your result or more surgery is the better choice for you.
  • None of the office skin tightening treatments will be effective - after major weight loss, the skin loses it's ability to shrink down - hence the need for surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you For your question and your photo.

i suggest you to contact a board certified PS and go over all your concerns. on the other hand i can tell you that you could be a good candidate for a all area Lipo and a breast reduction( only if you want them smaller, because of your height) i consider that the more natural your procedure look the more beautiful you look.

best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

What are less evasive but effective ways to get rid of fat and sculpt the body?

The best and most efficient mechanisms to achieve the best body- is to commit to a Lifestyle of diet and exercise. Check the chart for your BMI and you will find at 4.11- you're probably - a little too heavy. Also, 34DD have a tendency to exaggerate your weight an give the appearance of being heavier than  you really are. Once you have achieved your ideal weight for your height, then I would consider an extended Abdominoplasty almost as a belt lift to address all of the hanging and sagging skin