Is grinding the bottom front 4 teeth down a good option?

I have two lower front teeth that have chipped and been repaired with bonding. It's only been a couple of weeks and I think the bonding is already breaking. I have also chipped one of my upper front teeth and it was fixed very satisfactorily by grinding both front teeth down. Is grinding the bottom front 4 teeth down a good option? It would actually improve the evenness of my teeth.

Recontouring front teeth #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Recontouring a chipped tooth is sometimes a good option if the chip is small. This is a inexpensive fix, yet permanent fix.  However, recontouring can cause bite issues and possible increased sensitivity to hot and cold. I would recommend seeing your dentist for an evaluation to determine your options.  If recontouring is not an option, consider veneers rather than composite bonding. While composite bonding can be used to improve the appearance of teeth, it chips and stains easily. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Grinding Front teeth down

Cosmetic reshaping of lower anteriors can dramtically improve the look and even function.  It sounds like you may be a ood candidate for cosmetic tooth recontouring.There can be bite  issues involved soing seeing a doctor with expertise in TMJ disorders is a good idea.

Bonding or grinding down teeth

This depends on how much tooth will need to be ground down and how much was broken or chipped. It is also important to make sure this will not affect your bite, or rather how your teeth meet together.

Ronald Konig DDS
Houston Dentist