Hair transplant into scar? (Photo)

After 22 days of removing stitches no hair is growing on the scar. I'll consider a scar treatment in couple of months to flatten the scar and to get the normal cosmetic appearance. No way I'll be doing scalp micropigmentation (SMP). So my question is: I will consider a hair transplant after flattening the scar, so will hair grow into scar? Will it look normal when I trim/groom the beard (like in the picture)? What is it like to graft hair into scar? Is transplanted hair perminent and grows normally?

Hair transplant into scar?

GreetingsThank you for your question, the best is to find solution to heal your scar after that then you can find the other solution to transplant hair on the scar.

Hair transplant into scar?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Resolve the Scar First

It's certainly possible to restore hair growth to the location of the scar, but you'll need to resolve the scar first. In this case, steroid injections or other medical scar remedies can effectively flatten it and prepare the area for beard transplantation. Once the scar has been resolved as much as possible, you can expect results that look quite natural. Please be sure to do extensive research and find physicians who are well-versed in scar management and hair restoration in order to get the best results.

Resolve the Scar First

Hai into scar

The scar must soften with massaging and kenalog injections.  Generally, hair can be transplanted into scars.  You should wait a minimum of 6 months from scar formation to consider transplant.

Hai into scar

Hair transplant generally work to hide scars. However you would need to wait until the scar completely heals and discuss it

Hair transplant generally work to hide scars. However you would need to wait until the scar completely heals and discuss it with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Elevated beard scar

The elevated scar should be treated with appropriate steroids by a doctor who knows how to do this. It may take several treatments. Once the scar flattens, a beard transplant works well.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Elevated beard scar

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon