What kind of liposuction of the neck/chin would be good for me? Cost? I live in NJ. (photos)

Hi I am 30 years old. 5'8, large frame. 225 lbs. I want to have neck/chin liposuction or whatever procedure is best to take out ALL THE FAT from my neck to enhance my jawline and have a better side/front profile. I was approved for financing through United Medical Credit for $3,000. Please state the cost you would quote FROM MY PICTURES. I live in NJ.

Multiple Option for Correcting Your Double Chin

Hello and thank-you for sharing your question and photos.

Correction of a double chin can be achieved either though a surgical or non-invasive approaches. Liposuction of the chin and neck produces consistently good results for appropriate candidates. We are very excited with the development of several non-invasive techniques for correction of a double chin. We offer the Cool mini as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction for the right candidate. Generally, two treatments are required separated by 4-6 weeks.  We also offer Kybella which is another non-surgical alternative to liposuction. Generally 3-6 treatments are needed separated by 4-6 weeks.   

I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn about your options..

Best regards

Neck/chin lipo

In looking at your photos, the best surgical result would be with Smart liposuction of the neck. A laser is used to melt fat and then it is suctioned out with a canula. Over the next three months the neck tightens up. A small chin implant may also be useful but I would have to see you to determine that. Lastly, if you don't want surgery, then Kybella can be done in the office to dissolve fat and improve your neck easily - it's just not as good as liposuction, though. Laser liposuction costs around $3500 and we do accept United Medical.

SmartLipo for Heavy Chin

SmartLipo, otherwise known as laser assisted liposuction, would be a very good option to correct your neck fullness.  SmartLipo will allow removal of fatty deposits in the neck to sculpt the neck and jawline, while also providing an element of skin tightening which is always beneficial.  The procedure can be performed in the office surgery suite under local anesthesia.  The procedure typically costs $3,000-3,500, but an in person consultation will be needed before a formal quote can be offered.  I have provided a link below, Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction

Liposuction of chin neck done properly by an expert is very beneficial.  I have been doing this procedure for 15 years and it is gold standard over anything and any procedure out there.  The cost is around $1500 all included.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Choosing the best procedure

I suggest the following in order. Lose some weight Consider that chin implant. Liposuction after weight loss and chin implant. Be careful financing through that company. Understand the terms correctly. This company is notorious for offering zero interest for a fixed amount of time. Often if the entire amount is not paid off within the grace All the months that had free interest are now charged and are added to the principal after which interest rates are often 30% or higher. It's generally always a better deal to get it fixed interest rate with a set number of months of payments. The good news is weight-loss is free. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Neck liposuction

Liposuction would work well for you, but with surgery fees, anesthesia fees and facility fees it will be over 3000. What might be a good solution / alternative is Kybella, which will get rid of the central fat that you have, and will be cheaper. It's done in the office so there are no facility or anesthesia fees. It's typically 650 per vial, and taking into account your photos I believe 2-3 vials would be necessary at least. Each series of injections would be separated by 4-6 weeks. It may not be as good of a result as liposuction but certainly more affordable, and I think you would be very happy with the results. 
Good luck!

Samir Undavia, MD
Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Neck

Based on your age and your pictures, you appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of the neck. Please email me directly at gcpeckjrmd@yahoo.com and I can communicate some of the options and costs. A consultation would be best to evaluate and discuss all of your options. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

liposuction in the neck

Liposuction in the neck should only be performed for diet resistant fat, once you are at your ideal body weight. In our practice, the patient's BMI should be less than 34. Liposuction of the neck will not remove all of the fat in the neck, will only remove a portion of it.

What kind of liposuction of the neck/chin would be good for me? Cost? I live in NJ.

Hi, from the photos there is excess fat across the neck combined with a weak chin.  While weight loss and/or liposuction would decrease the amount of excess fat in the neck, this alone would not provide the harmony and balance to the lower face that a chin implant would provide.  If weight loss isn't possible or feasible at this time, liposuction of the neck and a chin implant would provide an improved neck outline. I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  Hope this helps.