Breast and nipples uneven 4 days post op. (photos)

Is this normal healing 4 days post op

4 days

Your surgeon is your best source right now to decide if this is normal.  He or she knows what was done and what your breasts looked like before surgery. Please talk with your surgeon regarding your early postoperative issues.  Best wishes. 

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts

All breasts are different left to right before and after any surgery. You are also extremely early in the healing process- it takes several weeks to months for settling, which may be slower or faster left to right as well.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended during this process.

Breast augmentation

At this point, it is too early to tell. You have to give it more time to heal and allowing for the implants to settle. Best of luck.

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast and Nipples Uneven 4 days Post Op

It is still very soon into your healing and it's not uncommon for #asymmetry as each breast heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. 

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.
But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 
You must have patience, but if there are any causes of concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.  

Asymmetry

It appears to me, from your photography, that you probably had a fair amount of asymmetry of the nipple position between the two breasts. This will not be remedied with breast augmentation only. I would wait a few months to see where the implants settle and then decide which type of lift would best suit you getting the best symmetry that you could. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Uneven nipples

thank you for the photos. They tell the story well although preoperative photos would be of value. It appears that you have significant preoperative nipple height asymmetry. This kind of problem is not corrected by augmentation. It requires a lifting of the nipple to an even level. I suspect from your photos this can be done with a crescent lift, but requires an in person exam for confirmation. I suggest you see your surgeon and discuss this with them.

Mark Eberbach, MD