Why is my eye bigger then the other eye? (Photo)

Hi Doctors, about a year ago I've took a picture and noticed one eye is bigger then the other eye. I thought nothing of it at the begging. But anytime i take picture it's noticeable. It is more clear in the photos. Is there anything I can do to make it better? I am 21 years old and would not like to do surgery ?

Mild ptosis

Hi Labonita995From the photo that you have posted, a mild asymmetry is present between the right and left eyes. It seems to me that the left eye may be slightly droopy compared to the right eye, which makes it look smaller. However, a detailed examination by an Oculoplastic surgeon would help determine if there are any other subtle issues at play here. Surgery may or may not be the right decision for you, but at this point, you need to gather information to be able to make the right decision.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

You do have a ptosis of the levator of the upper eyelid. Most of the time this condition is congenital. You could have it fixed via a Levator Ptosis repair surgery. it is usually covered by medical insurances. 

Henri P. Gaboriau, MD, FACS

Eye appears smaller from droopy upper eyelid (ptosis)

Your left upper eyelid is more droopy (eyelid ptosis) which makes that eye appear smaller. It is also possible that eye is more sunken but hard to tell from the photo. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tough to tell in this photo since you aren't looking straight ahead, but may have some ptosis of the left upper lid.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for an evaluation of your eyelid muscles and to check for ptosis.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Size difference between eyes

It does appear from your frontal photo that your right eye is a bit more prominent than the left. There is also slight difference in the upper lids as well. These differences may be a normal variant, but medical conditions such as thyroid disease, sinus problems, and eyelid ptosis can exist to cause a difference. This is something that should be evaluated by an eye doctor in my opinion.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon