My left breast has minimal pain but swollen and not squishy like my right breast. Any suggestions? (photos)

11 days ago I got 425 cc put under the muscle high profile. For the past two days my right breast has got increasingly soft and Is looking bigger than my left breast. My lefty is feeling tingly, sore when my arm brushes against it and my nipple hurts. Also when I do my breast massage, under my nipple hurts between nipple and incision. I haven't stopped doing my breast massage I'm just more careful. What exactly is happening?? I'm scared it's something bad

Breast augmentation

Your preop picture comes up as a picture of your elbow. However, your post op pictures look very good. I am not hearing anything I find particularly concerning. You do get a fair amount of stretching of the nerves. This can give you that tingly feeling. You should still have discomfort less than 2 weeks out from surgery. These are all things you should be directing to your surgeon. They should have a nurse in the office who can talk to you. Give them a call. You'll feel much better.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

When recovering from breast surgery

the only real concerning problem is if one side should acutely change size with increasing pains.  Everything else can happen and should not be a problem down the road.  Sensory changes are completely normal.  But its always best to keep your surgeon in the loop and your surgeon has the added benefit of examining you so trust your surgeon to do the absolute best for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.Without seeing preoperative photographs it is hard to give you the most accurate opinion but nothing you have described sounds abnormal. You are very early in your recovery period and there is swelling present which may make the breasts appear uneven. Over the next 6-8 weeks the swelling should begin to resolve and the breasts will start to drop into their pockets and appear more symmetrical and feel softer and more natural. Everyone heals at different rates and one side may heal quicker than the other. Throughout your recovery period you may experience different sensations such as tingling, burning or intermittent shooting pain.  These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue stretch to accommodate your implants, and as sensory nerves heal.  I would wait until you are at least 6 months post op to make a final judgement on the symmetry of your breasts. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Fluid around the breast is directly related to activity level

Your right breast is slightly larger now than your left breast.  I'm assuming you are right handed.  Most people who is right handed will use the right hand 3X more than the left.  This can lead to more fluid i.e serum or blood collecting around the implant.  With more fluid collecting around the right breast it will obviously look larger.  If you want both breasts to heal the same the arm use has to be minimal and equal.  I do not let my patients do anything for two weeks for fear of fluid collecting around the implants.  It is a know fact that the more blood that collects around an implant the greater the chance for scarring and capsule contracture to form.  I do not start my massages until after two weeks.  Doing massages too early will lead to fluid accumulation around the breast.  I have seen a direct correlation with the activity of arm use with increased internal scar formation.  Since you have two breasts and not one every one will compare the two breasts.  With differential arm use comes differential scar formation.  Often the right will not feel as soft as the left in a right handed individual due to differential scar formation. So if you want both breasts to heal the same you need to use the arms the same. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon