Can I get treatment? Don't want other surgery. (photos)

I'm so scared to see my breast, I don't know where to go, to get treatment, my surgeon is abroad, and it's not easy to fly at this moment, can some one help me, I don't want to loose my breast and my implants . I had a breast lift and augmentation , 7 weeks ago, this appear 3 weeks ago, and it seems to get worst, now I feel pain and itchy in the dark line , I don't know what to spect , and need help please, I'm not good in English . I try my best Thank you.

Doctor Answers 5

Dead nipple after breast lift plus implants.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Failure of follow-up is one huge reason surgical tourism is NOT a good idea, as you now have found out. I understand that perhaps there were reasons you chose to have surgery abroad (cost, native language, relatives, "vacation," etc.) but now that you have dead skin--if you are a smoker, this may be a major contributing factor, and you must stop immediately, including exposure to second-hand smoke--you are at risk of implant exposure, infection, and loss of implant. All of this requires more surgery.

For now, you need debridement of the dead tissue, antibiotic coverage, and ongoing care and follow-up. If not with your operating surgeon, then with a local plastic surgeon willing to assume your care of this complication. There will be a cost, and more surgery--this is not something taken care of with bandages and pills. Sorry. Get ABPS-certified plastic surgical help immediately. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Nipple necrosis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have one of the worst complications that can happen with breast surgery. The circulation has failed to the area around your nipple. You need immediate surgery to clean this up. If you do not have immediate surgery you will  have more tissue loss and a severe breast infection.  Your best option is to seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery. If all else fails your next best option is to go to the emergency room and they can call a plastic surgeon  This is why I can never recommend that people go out of the country for plastic surgery. 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Post breast lift with augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get proper wound care. This will not resolve on its own. Best of luck to you.

Dean Vistnes, MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

Find a sugeon.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best option right now is to find a surgeon who will care for your wound.  A simple debridement in the office will do wonders over the long run.  Your wound will heal with basic dressing care.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Get Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.

You have an issue that needs to be seen urgently by a plastic surgeon.  I would contact your surgeon and see if they know a colleague who is close to you, who can see you.  If not, I recommend calling plastic surgeons in your area to be seen.  If you aren't able to be seen by a plastic surgeon, you may need to go to the emergency department for treatment.  Again, I would seek urgent medical attention.


Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.