6 months post-op TT with Lipo and recently have become bloated w/ water retention. Possible I have fluids building up?(photo)

My PS released me from all restrictions 3 months ago and said if stomach begins bloating use my girdle. Last 3 weeks I have had to use it nightly and even lounging around the house. My stomach has extended gradually and the girdle is only allowing a small amount of relief that through out the day when I'm not wearing it becomes very uncomfortable and now I'm retaining extra water. I've gone up a pants size so I'm not so restricted. Is it possible I have extra fluids after 6 Mo. Po building up?

Swelling is normal after tummy tuck

Swelling after a tummy tuck is normal.  Some patients have prolonged swelling.  I have seen it for 18 months, then just suddenly resolve.  What is clear, however, is that if you listen to your body, the swelling will resolve faster.  If there are activities that cause swelling, you must hold off on them until they no longer create an issue.  If you try to work through the swelling, it will prolong the process because you are never letting it heal.  Everyone is different.  People want to get back to their routine and want to see results, fast.  The tummy tuck is a big operation that must be respected.  If you can exercise without swelling, then you are doing well.  If you swell at the end of a day at work at a desk job, then you have to be very careful with your choices, and you must rest as much as possible.  After a month, compression also helps

Hello and thank you for your question. Unfortunately an examination is really the only reliable way to determine what may be happening. Based on the history you have given I would be concerned about a seroma. This should be evacuated promptly. Best WishesTheodore T. Nyame MD

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician