What could be causing redness, itching, and raised skin on part of my incision? (Photo)

I had my breast augmentation on 9/2/16. Yesterday I noticed irritation on and around the incision under my left breast. The area feels a bit raised, red, and feels itchy. Its a bit red and blotchy around it as well. I do have an appointment with my PS tomorrow, but I was just curious what this could be. I am freaking out a bit.

Skin irritation after breast augmentation

At this point in your healing, this could represent a number of things, including infection, a reaction to sutures, hypertrophic scarring, or others. You are doing the right thing to get an evaluation by your plastic surgeon who would have a much better understanding of your problem.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Scar Irritation

You could be developing hypertrophic or keloid scarring. Your Plastic Surgeon will be able to advise you about possible treatments such as silicone sheeting or steroid injections. Best to have this evaluated in person.
All the best

Redness and irritation

The redness and irritation could be from the surgical tape that might have been put over your incision, it could be from the sutures.  Hard to say for sure. Best to be seen in person.

Redness around incision after breast augmentation

Thanks for reaching out.  It could be an infection.  Are you currently in antibiotics?  If you could see your PS sooner I would.  It could also be just irritation to tape.  But the sooner you see you PS the better.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

What could be causing redness, itching, and raised skin on part of my incision?

This early after breast augmentation the most likely cause of redness and itching  at the incision is a suture spit or a small stitch abscess.  It is important that she'll be examined by your plastic surgeon for a proper diagnosis and treatment.  Hopefully her surgeon will have seen you by now and solve the problem.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are still in the early phases of healing. If you have a history of hypertrophic scars this may become a hypertrophic scar. Your surgeon would be the best person to advise you. Best WishesTheodore T. Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician