Manufacturer Contact?

I have had my McGhan saline implants for 6 years. I got a mammogram in August, and now my left implant is flat. How can I contact the manufacturer so I can get it replaced?

Doctor Answers 10

Manufacture Contract after Breast Implant Deflation?

You will be best off communicating with the breast implant manufacturer through  your plastic surgeon's office. Follow-up with your plastic surgeon and communicate  your goals/options. Some patients take this “opportunity” to otherwise alter the breasts ( change size and/or type of breast implant).

 Best wishes.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,486 reviews

Implant Deflation and Manufacturer Contact

    The manufacturer can certainly be contacted directly, but the plastic surgeon's office would make this easier.

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews


the best way to get back intouch with the manufacturer is through your plastic surgeon. call and revisit them so you can be examined and treated

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

McGhan is now Allergan

You can easily look up the contact info for Allergan online. You should also be able to get this from your surgeon's office. They should be able to help facilitate the exchange for you.

Matthew Schulman, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 324 reviews

Flat implant after mammogram

The best way to do this is to see your friendly neighborhood plastic surgeon - they can help you with the manufacturer's warranty stuff.  That will be much quicker than trying to contact the right person at Allergan (who purchased McGhan) yourself.

Thomas Fiala, MD
Orlando Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 79 reviews

McGhan implants

McGhan is now owned by Allergan. You can contact the company and see if they can help you out.  Good luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

How To Get A Deflated Breast Implant Replaced

You will need to work through a plastic surgeon to intiate this process. It begins by finding a surgeon and letting them coordinate the actual paperwork and implant replacement with the manufacturer. There is nothing that you can do to intiate the process on your own.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

Implant deflation

Sorry to hear about your deflation. it is best to find a surgeon who you want to take care of you, hopefully your original surgeon. The surgeon's office will be able to handle the logistics with McGhan in order to get your replacement implant. 

Ronald Schuster, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

Implant Deflation

Contact your plastic surgeon's office. They should have documentation of your surgery date and implant serial numbers. As long as your surgery was less than 10 years ago, the Allergan company (formerly McGhan) will provide some financial assistance as well as a free replacement implant. You also should have been provided an implant information card at the time of your surgery, which will have your date of surgery and relevant implant numbers. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 164 reviews


Mcghan was baught out by Allergan .call  allergan at (800) 766-0171. They would be able to help you in giving you informatation about your implants.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
3.3 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.