Skin remove and tightening.

I have had RNY surgery and have alot or excess skin in my arm, belly, breasts and thighs is this covered by my Illinios medicare and medicaid?

Body Lift

I am unaware of the coverage in Illinois this would have to be investigated. This is not for me to address as I live and practice in Canada. You would benefit from checking with your state medical.

Saskatchewan Plastic Surgeon

Body Lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Saskatchewan Plastic Surgeon

Insurance coverage

It is highly unlikely that anything will be covered. Sometimes the lower abdominal skin can be considered medically necessary. Medicare and medicaid are very hard to deal with because you can not call or write them to preauthorize procedures.

Insurance coverage

OHIP funded body contouring after MWL

• Most governments seem willing to cover the cost of weight loss surgery as it improves patients' health. The concern with significant excessive skin is usually not covered except in special situations.  I have been successful at lobbying on behalf of my patients for the abdomen.  This usually covers the cost of the panniculectomy, which is not the same as a body lift or a tummy tuck, but the fee can be applied against those surgeries, saving patients thousands of dollars.

OHIP funded body contouring after MWL