Needing a dr that specializes in hair loss w/burning scalp. (photo)

I started noticing hair loss about a month ago. 2 days ago I noticed my head, maybe roots of hair(?), burned when pulled. Then noticed whole head loss. Since last night my head feels like it's on fire. Please help me find someone to help run lab work & not just give me another script or Rogaine. TY

Hair loss -- Seek an Expert, Then- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate your hair loss and the burning symptoms you are having. Before trying to treat the hair loss, a thorough assessment is needed to treat the underlying cause. Best, Dr. Emer

Hair loss with burning scalp

Maybe start with a good dermatologist who can examine you and determine the cause of the burning or see your primary medical doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

BURNING in the scalp

You need to see a dermatologist who specializes in hair and scalp issues. You need a biopsy and blood tests. Your photos do not allow a diagnosis.

Hair loss with burning sensation in scalp

Hi, Lesley--

The problem you describe should be evaluated and treated by a dermatologist, preferably one with a special interest in hair loss and scalp conditions. Rogaine is not the answer.

Good luck--
Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

You need a specialist

Hello.
For what you describe I will recommend you to schedule an appointment with a good dermatologist. Once you see the specialist you will be on track to find the right treatment for your condition.
Best of lucks!

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon