I had a gastric sleeve in 2014. I've lost 161 pounds. Feel good in a size 12, weight has been stable for the past 5 mon (Photo)

My tummy, my arms and my breasts seem to be the worst of it. Please your advice would be most appreciated. I weighed 354 before. I now weigh 193.

Body contouring after weight loss surgery

Thank you for including photographs, and congratulations on your successful weight loss!  After this level of weight loss, you are likely to need several procedures to improve different areas.  First, I would encourage you to get a bit closer to your ideal weight because your overall result will be substantially improved.  Once you are there, and have been stable for several months, you would likely be a fantastic candidate for a body lift and medial thigh lift.  These procedures would remove the excess skin from your abdomen/hips/back/thighs and lift the mons/thighs/buttocks.  You should get a smoothing effect throughout your buttocks with the body lift, but further improvement is sometimes needed through fat transfer or re-shaping using some of the excess tissue at the lower back (re-purposing it to add fullness to a flat, deflated buttocks).  At a separate operation, your breasts can be reduced and lifted, and the excess tissue at the upper arms removed (brachioplasty).  Best wishes for continued success with your weight loss and for a beautiful result from your body contouring!

Post massive weight loss body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. I specialize in post massive weight loss body contouring . You are an excellent candidate for a lower body lift which in my hands includes : 1. A full tummy tuck. 2. A mons lift. 3. A strong lateral thigh lift. 4. A buttock lift. 5. Auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips. The hip flap is designed to help increase or maintain your hip / waist ratio. Arm liftThigh lift Breast lift.You would need 2 operations to get these done.If possible through a NO carb diet you should try to lose about 20 more pounds. Good luck. Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

I had a gastric sleeve in 2014. I've lost 161 pounds. Feel good in a size 12, weight has been stable for the past 5 mon

Congratulations on your weight loss. I typically tell my patients to wait until they have achieved a stable weight before considering cosmetic surgery after massive weight loss. It sounds like you are at a stable weight and happy with your dress size. Looking at your pictures, you look like a typical patient after this amount of weight loss with loose skin in multiple areas and sagging breasts. I typically recommend patients stage different procedures, typically doing a thigh lift and mid-body lift in one procedure, and combining the arm lift and breast lift/reduction in a second surgery. It doesn't matter which combination that you do first. I tell patients to start with the areas that bother them the most.Make sure that you seek out a surgeon who has done a significant amount of massive weight loss procedures. 

Body contouring after weight loss

You are an ideal candidate for a body lift procedure down the track.  You will achieve the best aesthetic results from surgery if you are at your ideal goal weight.  This will help with your diabetes and in turn help to minimise the risks associated with surgery.  

Post bariatric body contouring

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your weight loss. If your weight is stable you can have post bariatric body contouring. It depending on the areas which are bothering you most. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation for body contouring and to discuss with your goals,

Post bariatric surgery

Dear shell1976, you need classical post bariatric plastic and reconstructive surgery procedures. I usually prefer to do breast reduction and abdominoplasty operations in separate sessions and if you need later to perform arm and leg lift operations. You may search a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon in your area. Good luck.

Ege Ozgentas, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon