Is my new nose still swollen or deformed? (Photos)

I had full rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago and wondering if my nose is deformed or swollen and which one would be causing my nose to look worst than before in my side profile pictures? I feel like it lacks definition on the side and looks shorter tip and stubby. My nose still feels numb in the tip but doesn't hurt much unless my baby daughter accidentaly hits me in the nose then it hurts a little. Please tell me what to think in this situation based on my pictures, honestly! Thank you in advance.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for sending images. Five weeks after rhinoplasty is  still very early and one would expect some swelling as well as numbness. It does appear from the images you have swelling in the tip area. I would recommend a follow up visit with your surgeon for a full examination and discussion of your concerns.If the swelling is more than should be expected for where you are in the healing process, there are options for intervention, such as steroid injections.

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-Rhinoplasty Swelling

Thank you for the question.It is part of normal rhinoplasty recovery to have swelling for some weeks postoperatively, with results taking up to 6-8 months to stabilize. It is also normal to have tip numbness. A significant number of patients voice concerns about their results in the first weeks after surgery and most of these patients are satisfied with their final results. It is important to remember that in the case of dissatisfaction, corrective surgery should not be undertaken before the final results have been observed, as it may cause further deformity.
Shady Hayek, MD

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Shady Hayek, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with 1 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

RHINOPLASTY CONCERNS

Dear LOveydOvee, I would speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns. He/she knows best what techniques were used in your procedure and where you are in the recovery phase and can then provide a proper diagnosis and intervention if needed. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Is My Nose Swollen or Deformed?

It is safe to say that you have residual temporary swelling 5 weeks after a rhinoplasty. Many factors influence the amount of swelling such as the thickness of your skin and what was done during the operation. Be patient and follow the recommendations of your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty

At 5 weeks post-op, you are very early in the healing stage and are quite swollen. it will take a year or longer for the swelling to subside. 

Yes, definitely still swollen.  No, doesn't look deformed.  I think you are still very early in the recovery process and that definition will improve with time.  My recommendation is to relax and trust your surgeon.  I am sure you did your homework ahead of time researching his or her experience and all a you can really do at this point is to wait.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon