Why has Juvederm Ultra Plus stayed in my cheeks for 3 years?

I received Juvederm to my cheeks 3 years ago, and it seems to still be in there...I mean, its gone down a little but not much. I like the visual effect very much, but it concerns me that the duration is abnormal? Also it aches sometimes. I'm curious to know why it could have lasted this long, and why it aches a little bit. I would be very happy, as long as I knew it was safe that is has stayed in my face for such a long time.

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane/Fat/Implant

I suggest a formal consultation if you are unhappy this can be reversed with an enzyme hyaluronidase.  Most patients WISH the filler to last a long time.  Best, Dr. Emer.