Why didn't my dr offer me a lift with implants? I specifically said I hated the shape and appearance during consult.

Difficult to Say Without Photos

Please be aware that my comments here are general and can’t be taken as specific medical advice. Without photos, I can't offer an opinion — whether concurring or dissenting — about your surgeon's recommendations. I'm not sure if you've already had breast enhancement surgery, but if not, I would recommend specifically asking your plastic surgeon about the pros and cons of combining a breast lift with breast augmentation.

Why didn't my dr offer me a lift with implants?

Without photos to know your anatomy issues there is no way to answer your question. Some patients confuse deflation with droop. Deflations are augmented, droop is llifted.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

No lift

I would suggest going back to your surgeon and discussing all your concerns. Your surgeon can again explain what he/she did and why, and discuss any other options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with Implants

Plastic surgery is an art as well as a science. Therefore, different plastic surgeons may present different options and alternatives for breast surgery. That is why most patients seek more than one consultation. For mild breast sagging, implants alone may work well to create a very attractive breast. If the breast is low or the nipples are low, or if there is a lot of sagging or asymmetry, a breast lift along with implants may be the best option. Scars are the trade off when the tissue is tightened or if the areola position needs to change, and some doctors and patients find that the scars may not be worth it if an attractive looking breast can be created without it. Keep in mind that implants make you a larger version of yourself. If you are concerned that implants alone are not going to give you what you desire, get some more consultations with board certified plastic surgeons who are comfortable and experienced performing breast lifts with implants.  Make sure you see many before and after photos of patients who have had the same surgery you are interested in to make sure you admire the results.

Unhappy with Plastic Surgeon Response.

Without a picture it is difficult to explain why that wasn't suggested to you but I'm sure there is a reason. If the doctor you consulted with was a board certified plastic surgeon, he suggested what he thought to be the best option for you, to give you the best outcome and result possible. I would suggest getting a second and even third opinion to assure you make the right decision with regards to your surgery. Best of Luck to you.