Day 4 of a mini lip with Juvederm.... Bubbles look worse? Do I dissolve or wait? (photos)

The clinic said this has never happened yet and that I might need to get it dissolved. Which they also have never done yet. Quite anxious.

Bumps after lip filler injection

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. It looks to me like the product was placed too superficially. You could have the filler dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

I suggest waiting 10-14 days, if it continues then reverse the filler and go to a different injector.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lumps after Juvederm

Thank you for your question AnnaCnd. Juvederm is a dermal filler that can be used to enhance the lips. Lumps and bumps are common after filler treatments. I recommend to my patients to perform a gentle massage for 5 minutes at a time, 5 times per day, for the first 5 days to smoother out the lumps. I have patients return two weeks after a treatment to assess the results. At that point dissolving with hyaluronidase can be considered. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Bubbles in lips after injection

The Juvederm was too superficial. It won't get better. It needs dissolving with hyaluronidase. It will return to your normal lips after the hyaluronidase.

Steven F. Weiner, MD