Is it a keloid or hypertrophic scar? (photo)

I got an ear cartilage piercing a month ago and i just saw this now. It doesnt hurt and its dry i was wondering what is it and will it grow?

Scar after piercing

It is difficult to tell from the picture alone.  This may be a pyogenic granuloma (somewhat like overactive healing) vs early keloid vs cyst.  The treatment for each of these conditions is different, so I recommend that you see a Plastic surgeon or dermatologist so that they can examine it.  Have a blessed day!

Pasadena Physician

Keloid therapy of the ear

This may be a cystic reaction or an early keloid. Remove your piercing and wash thoroughly, followed by Plato's Scar Serum twice daily. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS