I have my Fraxel Laser this morning. Can I wash or wet my face already at night?

Fraxel post procedure instructions

Washing the face with a gentle cleanser, such as Cetaphil or Cerave, is fine after Fraxel. Be careful to rub gently, and avoid harsh exfoliants and scrubbing. Sunscreen is a must, especially when outdoors. 

Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and post- op care

Fraxel is an excellent procedure for acne scars, hyper pigmentation, wrinkles, and fine lines.  During the healing process we always recommend a gentle cleanser to wash the skin with and a gentle moisturizer such as Epiceram.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel and lasers.

Wash with Gentle cleanser Post Fraxel

Be careful not to rub your skin too harshly. If you had Fraxel for pigmentation avoid picking when your skin starts to peel. Use a gentle cleanser and avoid using anything with harsh chemicals or perfumes. The clinic you had the treatment at should be able to recommend a cleanser for you. 

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon