What is an elevated mole a cause for concern?

I've got this mole on my head, which makes it harder to diagnose, for quite a long time now. On some days I would get the habit of touching until it starts to burn a bit. It's probably the largest mole on my body and I'm having a hard time on deciding whether to have it removed or not.

Mole evaluation

Thank you for your question. In my opinion, any changing or symptomatic lesion needs to be evaluated by a board certified dermatologist, where an instrument called dermatoscope is used to look at the lesion under higher magnification to determine if any irregularities are present. If your lesion has any abnormalities, then a biopsy should be performed, and the tissue sent to a lab for evaluation. I highly recommend you consult with a dermatologist to have your skin evaluated. Take care and good luck.