Doubting I got 420cc implants? (Photo)

I was sedated long before i checked if the implants in the OR were really 420cc...before this my doctor delayed my surgery because 420cc was out of stock and only 290cc was i am doubting if i got 420

Doubting I got 420cc implants? (Photo)

Best to directly ask your operating surgeon. Typically, most implants also come with a patient card that indicates the size and type of your implants. You can ask for the card as well. Good luck!

Just ask your doctor what size he chose. Also, you can ask for the implant information and the warranty which will also show the size selected.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Checking implant size

If you were to request your operative record the size of the implants would be recorded there.  You should also get the implant card that shows the size and serial numbers.  Ask your surgeon or OR facility for those records.  Best wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. One way to determine that you received the implants that you were promised is to ask for a copy of the operative report. Also, with every breast augmentation patient, you should receive a card that comes in the packaging from the implant manufacture. It is about the size of a credit card, from Allergan or Mentor, and stickers are placed on the card that have the lot and serial numbers of the implants placed. Ask your surgeon for yours. Without seeing pre operative photos, it is difficult to tell if you did indeed get 420 cc implants. However, I suspect that you did.Good Luck,Dr. Morrissey

What size did I get?

All of the implants that I have ever used, in the United States at least, come with a manufacturer's card containing the brand, type, serial number as well as the size of each implant. Just from looking your photo, I think 420cc is a whole lot closer than 290. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS