Asian male rhinoplasty advice; will it help? (Photo)

Hi, my nose is very bulbous, would a rhinoplasty help? What specific procedures would you recommend? Thank you

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty can address the tip of the nose. Keep in mind that the most ideal angle between the nose and the upper lip - also called the nasolabial angle - should be between 95 and 110 degrees. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty

Hi Sepiax,For proper nose assessment, a side view photo is also needed, but from the available photo, it is enough to say that you have big, bulbous tip, slightly broad bridge, and flaring alars, while the height of the tip and the bridge cannot be assessed. From the photo alone however, tipplasty and alarplasty will definitely help.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty

From the photo you have provided, the primary concern would be the bulbous tip which is a common  concern to most of Asian patients.  I recommend giving slight height to the  bridge using silicon with cartliage graft on your tip and make your alar rim smaller.  Keeping the natural shape would also be your main goal.

Jin-Sung Kim, MD
South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

Reshaping the nose during Asian rhinoplasty does require a great deal of technical expertise, but is something that is done frequently by a rhinoplasty specialist experienced with Asian noses.  Based on your photos you will be able to achieve the changes you seek by using grafts from your own body (rib cartilage, fascia) to augment your bridge, refine your tip, and reduce the size of your ala.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD