Can derma roller improve my acne scars? (Photos)

I had cystic acne when i was in college. I took isotretinoin and now my acnes are gone. I want to improve my deep acne scars by having a derma roller treatment that will be done by my dermatologist.

Micro-needling for acne scars

Medical micro-needling has been proven to be an excellent treatment for acne scarring. There are scientific studies showing micro-needling can give as good or better results than fractionated laser treatments and fractionated RF treatments and at a fraction of the cost!However, I have found micro-needling to be much more effective when combined with the application of human growth factor serums at the time of the treatment. This treatment works by stimulating the skin to create more collagen and elastic fibers, resulting in thicker, healthier looking skin with greater improvement in the appearance of the acne scars.In my office, we use the ProCell Therapies system which combines motorized micro-needling with concentrated growth factor serums made from human bone marrow stem cells and are seeing excellent results in the treatment of acne scars. 

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars and Ematrix

I would suggest the Ematrix over dermaroller for the deep atrophic scars on your face. Ematrix uses fractional RF. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS