On the 4th day post op, I noticed a small bump on my right cheek which is where one end of the device was. Will it go away?

I had a facelift with a endotine ribbons to correct my jowls 12 days ago. On the 4th post op day of my facelift , i noticed a bump on my right cheek. The bump was on the end of the palpable device. The board certified surgeon advised me to put a pressure dressing for 3 days. After that time, the bump ( mosquito bite size) was less noticeable but still visible. Do you think the bump will go away? How can one tell if the implant has dettached? Thanks

Bump post facelift

Sadly, the only person who can determine whether or not the entotine device is malpositioned is your surgeon. Schedule an appointment to be assessed in person. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Endotine facelift concerns

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The endotien is a material that takes several months to dissolve. The only person that can determine the malposition of the device is your surgeon. 

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Palpable bump following endotine facelift

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  The best person to answer this question for you is your primary surgeon, because they can examine you and assess the positioning of the Endotine.  However, Endotine implants are made from absorbable material.  Therefore, any palpable bump will likely resolve over time as the implant absorbs.  Best of luck to you in your recovery.

Michael Boggess, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endotine ribbons

The situation you describes usually means the device has come loose.  The material dissolves over time and the lump should go away.  Unfortunately the results tend to go away in less time than when the deeper structures are suspended directly.  Best to wait several weeks for the process to become stable before considering any corrective measures.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and Devices and Fat transfer

The best person to answer your question would be your surgeon who placed the device in your face.  Looking at your photographs, you have great bone structure and good skin.  In my practice, I add fat transfer to most all of my facelift patients which adds a volume dimension to the finished result.  You would be a great candidate for that and the endotyne device would not be needed.  Fat transfer would make a great addition to under your eye area as well as your temples.  Good luck with your question.

Walton Montegut, MD
Newport Beach Physician

Face lift with endotine

Thank you for asking about your endotine face lift.
  • You may be seeing the end of the Endotine implant.
  • Only an examination by your surgeon can tell if the implant has detached -
  • If it has, you would see loss of improvement on that side.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Contour irregularities after a facelift.

With a foreign material such as Endotine, the form body response to this can create contour abnormalities. These should vanish over time.

Endotines

These devices are made from poly L lactic acid which does dissolve gradually in the body.  I anticpate you should feel this bump less and less. You can try periodic massage of the area to help it break down, especially if it is noticeable.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Bump on R Cheek after facelift

It is difficult to tell for sure but most bumps seenduring early recovery will resolve on their own.Follow your surgeon recommendations and care.Best Wishes

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon