What's wrong with my eyes? (Photo)

My eyes are asymmetrical my right eye is much bigger than my left

Your eyes

It appears you may have ptosis. I would recommend follow up with an oculofacial plastic surgeon.

Ptosis and hooding

Based on your photograph, you have ptosis of the upper eyelids - worse on the left than the right. Also, some excess of the upper lid fold tissue is present. You may want to visit an oculoplastic surgeon for precise measurements and recommendations. Repair is elective and results are not dependent on the timing of your surgery. Take your time when deciding whether to have surgery and by whom. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ptosis

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like you have some degree of upper eyelid ptosis.  This is a dysfunction in the levator, which is the muscle that opens you eye.  This can be repaired with surgery.  It is important that you are evaluated by a surgeon with experience in eyelid surgery.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

We all have asymmetries. If you look close enough, most of us many!

Ptosis could be your issue. Ptosis is a dynamic diagnosis though so it is hard to say with a still shot. If you attempt to look up and the lids to raise by a certain amount then ptosis can possibly be diagnosed.

It does appear your one eye is "lower" than the other. By this I mean it sits inside the eye socket a bit more. A common cause of this is a hypoplastic maxillary sinus. This is the largest of the sinuses and sits in the middle of the cheek. It is not an issue other than the asymmetry. It is important if you were to undergo sinus surgery or any maxillofacial advancement surgery though. A CT scan is helpful to confirm this but will unlikely change any cosmetic treatments.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis

Hello, it appears that you may have ptosis in your upper lids, left worse than right. You should have a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon to best determine your options. Best of luck!

Eyelid ptosis

Thank you for your question.  Based on the photo provided, your left upper eyelid is slightly droopy (ptosis), compared to the right upper eyelid.  Consult with a specialist to determine the exact amount of asymmetry that is present and the treatment options, which include ptosis repair.  

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon