Hi there! I was wondering if anybody could comment on whether my crooked smile is a result of my scar. (photos)

When I was a little kid, I got in an accident where I, accidentally, ran into a window sill and cut my upper lip open. I now have a J shaped scar. I never really thought of it much, but started to realize that perhaps due to this accident I have a crooked smile. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but was wondering what any of you thought.

Scar from Accident and crooked smile

Scar revision is a delicate process and it appears from your photo that the scar may be pulling your upper lip. This appears to be an area that would be difficult to repair.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with reconstructive surgery for the best advice.

Scar revision

Ryan
hard to tell without physical exam, but scar may be contributing to crooked smile, but it is flat. However, scar revision does not guarantee correction, and new scar may be worse. Smile not that crooked, and a crooked smile did not hurt Goldie Hawn's career! Seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD