VY procedure for bottom lip - is it worth it?

I don't quite understand how this procedure is done and, if it's worth it. The only think I found was that it made one women's lips shorter. Any information, would be greatfully appreciated.

Lip Flap

Typically I have not seen good results with this type of lip procedure.  Lip augmentation through fillers such as Juvederm has superceded these type of surgeries.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip flap

Photos would be helpful, but it depends what it is being used for. It can be used to lift the upper lip to make it look fuller. Bottom lip, not sure. The problem is sometimes scars can be noticeable. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in our area. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

V-Y procedure

A V-Y procedure is a lengthening procedure and a technique used in flap reconstruction. It is used on the lip often to evert the lip a bit.