Tummy tuck and breast reconstruction after triplets? (Photos)

Hi I had triplets. It seems now I have a hernia and seperation of ab muscles you can see when I do sit-ups. My belly button is out. I got a gastric orb and lost all the weight ...I don't know how much loose skin I will have for a TT bec the orb is still in I don't want a tt scar that isnt as low as my public bone I wear low bikinis my csection scar is very low I had 15+ yrs ago two breast aug and one moved my areoles up and the scarring is bad . I need them replaced and areoles made smaller...

MOMMY MAKEOVER

Based on your photograph, you seem to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be tightened resulting in a flat abdomen.  Breast revision surgery can be performed at the same time.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Tummy tuck , hernia and breast revision- Mommy Makeover

Repair of the hernia and muscle separation can be performed at the same time as tummy tuck and breast implant revision in appropriate candidates.  The abdominoplasty incision is usually placed near c-section scars.  The final tummy tuck scar location does depend on the amount of skin laxity present and that is addressed during examination and consultation.  

Implants can be exchanged and areolar reduction performed- again depending on the amount of excess skin and implant size.

Can I have a tummy tuck with a low scar and breast revision?

The picture shows that a tummy tuck can easily be done with a low scar. The sever separation of the recrus muscles and the umbilical hernia can also be repaired at the same time and you should expect a great result. The breasts can also be revised. Make a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with ample experience in both abdominal and breast surgery. 

Mommy Makeover after Triplets.

Thank you for your question.  Based upon your description and the photos that you included, I do believe that you could benefit from an abdominoplasty and revisional breast procedure.  Your concerns are common and I believe that a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be beneficial to help elucidate which options would be of most benefit to you.  We commonly refer to abdominal and breast procedures done at the same time the 'Mommy Makeover' package, but please remember that these packages are highly customizable depending upon a mommy's specific needs.  

Please schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced in these procedures.  A consultation would be invaluable to you, especially to discuss whether or not your gastric orb would need to be removed prior to surgery.  I hope you find this helpful and I wish you all the best!

Mommy Makeover

From your description it sounds like you would benefit from a Mommy Makeover. In your case this could combine a revision breast lift and augmentation with low scar abdominoplasty (and possibly a hernia repair). The goal is to reverse the changes brought about from bearing children and breast-feeding.

See the link below for more information.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Mommy Makeover

Congratulations on the triplets -- now it's time to take care of yourself. Your problems are common and can be dealt with. You need an in person consultation to go over all of your issues and explain what can be done. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience . 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Combined Procedures to Meet Results

Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) is a plastic surgery procedure designed to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, and to tighten the abdominal wall. Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Many patients complain that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise, which also means a tummy tuck may be right for them. 

A variety of tummy tucks are available. Patients who only need a tightening of the abdominal muscles or removal of a small amount of skin may be best treated with a “mini-tuck.” Patients who have undergone massive weight loss, on the other hand, will probably require more extensive surgery. An abdominoplasty is usually done under general anesthesia. An incision is made along the lower abdomen at about the pubic hair line, and another incision is made around the belly button which stays attached to the muscle. The different procedures are as follows:

Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall and skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only (shortest scar).

Modified abdominoplasty addresses conditions where just the muscle wall or just the abdominal skin requires repair.

Standard abdominoplasty tightens all of the abdominal wall skin and muscles above and below the belly button. The scar can be altered or lowered to be hidden by most panty lines and bathing suits. (Standard scar).

Extended abdominoplasty tightens the abdomen and the flanks or sides (longest scar extending around the flanks onto lower back.)

Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations. Several breast procedures including breast lift or breast lift with implant can have incisions around the areolae while also helping with the shape and positioning of the nipples. If you seek out a local board certified plastic surgeon you can discuss in consultation the multiple procedures together that will help achieve your desired final result. Good luck!

Mini abdominoplasty tummy tuck and umbilical hernia repair

Thank you for your question and posting umbilical picture. You may be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck  and repair of your umbilical hernia. You seem petite so triplets likely separated your muscles which need to be repaired. I would suggest you have your Orb removed prior to this procedure. Breast procedure may be done at the same time after a discussion and examination.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and breast reconstruction

A tummy tuck can easily address extra skin and will tighten any separation of the muscles (referred to as a diastasis).  Revision of a previous breast augmentation is oftentimes possible at the same time as the tummy tuck.

In order to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations, always have an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Keith M. Blechman, MD
New York, NY

Tummy tuck and breast revision

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Breast revision surgery can be performed at the same time.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD