Tip rhinoplasty under local anesthesia? (Photo)

In my case could I get away with just tip rhinoplasty or would a need more then that with my nose. If not could I do the tip rhinoplasty under local?

Tip rhinoplasty under local anesthesia?

Thank you for your question, Nasal tip, wide nostrils or a hump on your nose and you are not happy with this situation then you can be a good candidate for simple rhinoplasty operation. Simple rhinoplasty is very simple, fast and safe operation.

Preparation: Rhinoplasty operation is performed under sedation anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 15-30 minutes. You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery.

Dear Onetowncara, The nose is a three dimensional structure and altering one portion of the nose, like the tip only will change the proportions of other aspects of the nose and appear unbalanced. A rhinoplasty will address the concerns you have with your nose while bringing balance to your profile and overall facial aesthetics. See some experts in rhinoplasty surgery for consultation and have imaging performed to show you the changes that rhinoplasty can attain for you. After that the surgeon will discuss the techniques that will be used to attain the agreed upon results and the anesthesia of choice for the procedure. Best regards, Michael V.. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Tip rhinoplasty under local

Thanks for the question.  Tip rhinoplasty can often be done under local anesthesia but a full exam by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is necessary to determine the best course of action.

Rhinoplasty Goals

The changes you describe could be achieved with rhinoplasty. If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Tip rhinoplasty under local anesthesia?

Many rhinoplasty procedures can be done under local or local with minimal sedation. Doing so depends on the surgeon and on the patient. I  need to examine to determine my recommendations for surgery.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip rhinoplasty

There is no way on  your front view to see if you are a candidate for limited tip surgery under local.The nose is dynamic, you change the tip, then something else is unbalanced and needs surgical attention.Now there are some noses where the answer is "Yes" but its a minority of tip cases.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

I can not tell if you need more than a tip from the one photos you posted.  Even if it was just a tip, you are better being given sedation so that you are more comfortable.

Nasal Tip Rhinoplasty with Local Anesthesia

With this picture it is impossible to make specific suggestions re your nasal surgery. After deciding what will be done, anesthetic techniques can be discussed.

Full rhinoplasty under general anesthesia

Most patients must undergo a full rhinoplasty, no a tip rhinoplasty due to the fact that all of components of the nose  must balance with themselves, and the entire new nose balances with the patient's facial features.  Performing a tip plasty alone sometimes  leaves the nose unbalanced, since the nose is a 3-dimensional structure. Trying to perform a rhinoplasty under local anesthesia as a bad idea since it will be extremely painful to get the nose completely numb.  In addition,  if you are only sedated, you may have conscious awareness of the  surgery.  In our practice, we perform all rhinoplasty procedures under general anesthesia by a board certified physician anesthesiologists for patient safety and comfort.