Would Thermitight be a good alternative to an arm lift? (Photo)

Hello. I am 25 years old and I lost about 60 pounds. As a result my arms are quite flabby. I am very reluctant to have an arm lift. From these pictures does it look like I need one? Or do you think I could effectively tone my arms with a treatment like thermitight and exercise? Thank you

ThermiTight or Arm Lift

Thanks for your question and photos. Based on the photos, you could be a good candidate for ThermiTight. A proper examination would be required first to find the best procedure for you.

Brachioplasty

Your needs can only be determined after examination in person to assess the skin and how much loss of elasticity there is.
There are many machines, on the market, that claim to deliver heat to the skin for remodeling of collagen. Thermi delivers that heat through a probe or external through Radiofrequency.
Every machine on the market for the last 10 years or so has failed to prove it's efficacy, in delivering the heat and tightening the skin
If you read these companies claims of the mechanism of action, it is vague, un scientific in describing the anatomy and the ultimate effect on tissue without any scientific data.

This market of non-invasive tightening of tissue plays on the emotional decisions of patients and marketing ploys.

ThermiTight

Thank you for your question and photos. From your photos I think you would see a good improvement to the contour of your arm if you combined SmartLipo with ThermiTight. SmartLipo would remove remaining fat tissue in this area and ThermiTight would address the skin laxity that bothers you in your arm area. Both of these procedures are minimally invasive with a much easier recovery then that of an arm lift. I would consult with a qualified physician for a full consultation.  

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Arm treatment

I would use a combination of liposuction followed by Thermi Tight to the upper arms. Between the two, you should end up with a better arm profile.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Laser Lipo of the arms

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures.  ThermiTight is an excellent minimally invasive procedure to provide tightening of the skin. I reserve that for patients that have loose skin in this area. In your case, you better option would likely be laser liposuction SmartLipo to remove fat and tighten the skin at the same time.  You would need to have a consultation for proper recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Thermitight for arms

Hi Samia-
I've been performing ThermiTight for skin tightening for face and body for the past 2 years. It clearly works and is the best non-surgical treatment for skin laxity (in my opinion). However, it doesn't replace surgery--especially in people who have lost a lot of weight. If the goal is to obtain the best possible result and the tightest skin, then you'll probably need to go with surgical excision. If the goal is to get a mild improvement, then you could consider ThermiTight. It all depends on your expectations. I recommend going in for a consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs ThermiTight as well as arm lifts. Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD

Skin tightening disappointment

Mot skin tightening results with non-surgical instrumentation are disappointing in my opinion and therefore not worth it. You'd be much better served saving the money and really working hard in the gym on your triceps muscles to gain more volume and tone and redrape the skin better. Good luck!

Arm Lift with ThermiTight

It does appear that you have fairly good skin tone present in your arms from the photos that you submitted. You would likely be a good candidate for the ThermiTight procedure to that region. The results will be gradual, occurring over several months to see maximal results. This is a great nonsurgical alternative. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon